Goal Setting Tips Every Christian Needs To Adapt
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer for more information.
Are you a Goal Setting Christian? I am, in fact, I set a lot of goals. Some I reach and some I don’t. Some I believe are actually placed in my heart by God. Even then I don’t always reach them. This made me wonder so I started doing research as I do a lot of; “are there goal setting tips every Christian needs to adapt?”
Too often I see Christians who talk about wanting to start a business or go back to school or even write a book but never do any of it. Instead, they work the job they were given or accepted and that is where they stay, sometimes for life.
Then there are the Christians, like myself, who have dreams and know and believe in their heart that God has something big planned. These are the Christians that set goals and go after their deepest hearts desires. I like to think I fall into this category since I am a huge on goal setting and I often work very hard to achieve a goal.
For many years I kept my dreams and goals to myself when it came to God. I don’t know where this stemmed from but I actually believed that if we dream about things like a better life or career that it was against God and not the Christian thing to do. I was so wrong in so many ways.
Did you know the Bible talks about goal setting? It does and there are quite a few verses on the topic.
List of Goal Setting Tips Every Christian Needs To Adapt
- Identify the goal. Was the desire placed in your heart by God? How will this goal serve others? If you’re not sure then pray about it and boldly ask God for a clear answer.
- Set a deadline. Once you have identified the goal the next thing you need to do is set a deadline. By what date do you plan to achieve this goal by?
- List Obstacles. Think of anything that could possibly stop you from reaching this goal and write them down. Next, write down ways you can overcome those obstacles.
- Identify People. This was something I struggled with for a long time. I had a hard time believing anyone would want to help me reach a goal. I learned the hard way that when you surround yourself with like-minded people they will want to see you succeed and will help you.
- Develop a plan. Write down actions that you can take on a daily basis that will help you reach your goal. It doesn’t have to be the same things every day but it needs to be at least 3 – 5 things each and every day.
- List the benefits. What are the benefits of reaching the goal?
Things To Ask Yourself When Goal Setting
Is it really my goal?
Is it morally right and fair?
Are my short-range goals consistent with my long-range goals?
Can I commit myself emotionally to complete my project?
Can I visualize myself reaching this goal?
I believe with all my heart God wants to bless us with nice things and He wants us to succeed and achieve our deepest desires as long as they are good, serves others, and was placed by Him. I believe that God will take us on the journey of a lifetime if we just set the goal and take action.
Other Posts You May Enjoy: